OS X Sheets (Aqua Lines)

Dreamscape Software webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Mon Apr 22 11:49:01 EDT 2002

> Thanks for the tip Derek.  This is most helpful.

It was no problem at all.

> > Make a field with the standard
> > "scanlines" background that all the Aqua windows use.
>
> I'm a little confused about this.  Is there a parameter in the field that
> allows you to set this?  Do you import an image an assign it as the bg of
> the field (I didn't see any parameter that would allow this either).

Well, I imported an image that I was going to use for the aqua scanlines,
and then I set the backPattern of the field to the ID of the image.  Then I
assigned the transparency.

> Also, is there a helpful web page out there that explains more about when
> use aqua lines and when not to?  I want to make sure I'm doing things
right.

Yes, there is.  Apple Computer has a set of guidelines for designing
applications on the MacOS.  The link for the Aqua Interface Guidelines is
the following...

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Essentials/AquaHIGuidelines/AHGIn
tro/Introductio__Guidelines.html

I would definately recomend using the guidelines.  Yes, the can be kind of
tedious sometimes, but they really do make anything you make look great.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software, Inc.
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/