User Level and Password Protection

Richard Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Tue Apr 16 23:54:01 EDT 2002

on 4/16/2002 11:47 AM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

> Rick,
>
> You *can* set a password for your stacks to prevent people from looking at
> your scripts. (Look under the "password" property in the Transcript
> Dictionary.) And you can set the "cantModify" of the stack to prevent people
> from adding or changing data in your stacks. What you need to do manually
> (if you need this at all) is to put something in to prevent certain people
> from *looking* at the data in your stacks - this would need a login screen
> or equivalent.
>
> Ken Ray

Ken,

Thanks for directing me in the correct direction.

I'm not sure what you mean by something to prevent
certain people from *looking* at the data in my stack.

The only data they should be seeing is the data I want
to show to them.  Other data is all in hidden fields.
Could you be more verbose?

Thanks,

Rick