Message Path (was Re: FunctionKeys)

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 16:23:01 EDT 2002

Hi Dar,

--- Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Something funny does happen with backgrounds.  If
> the target is in
> a group that is not a background, no backgrounds are
> in the message
> path.  I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a doc
> problem.  Or a
> problem in my understanding of backgrounds.

Unlike HyperCard, there's no real background to which
the cards belong.
MetaCard has groups, which may be used to simulate a
large portion of background behaviour, and Transcript
may use it as a keyword for backward compatibility,
but cards don't belong to a background anymore.
That's why if a control is not in a 'background'
group, this group isn't part of the message chain.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)