Message Path (was Re: FunctionKeys)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Apr 16 16:17:01 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 01:46 PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

>> Come to think of it, what is the message hierarchy in Rev?
>
> Take a look at "About Messages and the Message Path" in the
> Encyclopedia.

I confess I read the first two entries of the rules and thought
both rules might apply to the same control and really got
confused.  I think the first rule applies to a control not in a
group.

A rule that needs to be added to the list is one that applies to a
group within another group.  I use lots of those.

Something funny does happen with backgrounds.  If the target is in
a group that is not a background, no backgrounds are in the message
path.  I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a doc problem.  Or a
problem in my understanding of backgrounds.

Dar Scott