Using MC 2.4.2

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Apr 12 15:48:01 EDT 2002

Hi Dar,

I've successfully run RR using the MC engine. (Copy the mc.exe into the rev
folder and change it's name to Revolution.exe). I believe you should have a
license for both RR and MC in order to do this ---- but there are some
problems.

I have found that sometimes RR won't do a successful BUILD when the MC
engine is installed. I forget the error code, but I remember "incompatible
engine installed" or something like it. So, it's okay for playing around on,
but I don't think I'd use it in production unless you can reliably do
distribution builds.

Also, to my knowledge, neither MC nor RR support this -- so if you've got
bugs you'll have a hard time with support --not to mention: How do you know
where the bug is?

I've got the Corral Plugin at
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Plugins.htm which puts the
versions and data in the msg box -- pretty handy because RR doens't do it in
the About screen.

After playing around with different engines, I found enough problems to
encourage me to stay with the mc.exe using MC and revolution.exe using RR.

-Chipp