Custom property settings

Steve L prodevm at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 23:34:01 EDT 2002

Hello all,

I am trying to create a few custom properties, for the
"do" command, via clicking on the custom tab in the
properties palette:

once there, on the left side are setting for "custom
property sets", and "property set keys" on the right
side.

I cannot figure out how to set this up; I went through
all of the reference guides and can't find anything,
showing how to do this through the properties palette.

Here is an example of what I am trying to do:

This would be on a stack script:

on preOpenCard
do the exampleThing to me
end preOpenCard

Then a custom property would be created via the custom
tab on the stacks property palette:

exampleThing

Then list the sript/commands in the property contents
box at the bottom.

Where do you put exampleThing, under the "custom
property sets"? If so, what would go under "property
set keys"?
Or, would it go under "property set keys"?  If so,
what would go under "custom property sets"?

I am sure this is a simple thing to do, but i can't
find any instruction on doing this.  Probally, just a
newbie oversight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve