Thank you...now how about Reports?

Barry Levine themacguy at mac.com
Tue Apr 9 16:48:01 EDT 2002

Firstly, a big "Thank You" to the folks who suggested the "value"
function for my question about evaluating the contents of a field
containing a mathematical formula. Problem solved!

Now, how about "reports"? What I mean by that is some kind of formatted
report I can generate from a delimited-text source file. Here's one
solution that comes to mind:

1. Create a stack with a non-scrolling field that is no more than the
width of the printable page.
2. Set tabs to something like 72 pixels (=72 points=2").
3. Get the file's data and parse through it adding tabs and returns as
necessary.

One problem I see right off the bat is that if any of the data "columns"
are wider than what I expect, I might add an extra tab which would throw
off the rest of that line's alignment.

I appreciate any advice from the RevKahunas.

Regards,

Barry
Barry Jay Levine
"The Mac Guy"
Macintosh Troubleshooting, System Engineering, Training,
AppleShare/OSX Server Setup, System Upgrades and Enhancements

On-Site service for K20, Business, Consumer

Phone/VoiceMail: 915-581-1105
             Fax: 915-581-8167
           eMail: themacguy at mac.com

MacOS X: It does. You can. It will.

WindowsXP: Insert wallet into Drive A: Press any key to empty