Image still cut off/menubar problem

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Apr 6 20:15:02 EST 2002

Hi there,

Mac PB 1400c, 133mhz, 48 mb, OS 8.6, SanDisk Flash memory 128 mb with 120 mb
available for additional virtual RAM, RR 1.1b1

Three problems:

1) The full screen image I put in is still cut off at the top where the task
buttons are. The image is mostly there, but it's pushed down. I've never
seen anything like this before.

When I push it back up into position, more of the top gets cut off. I tried
sizing it's rect to the screen size (0,0,600,800 in this case) this way:

on preOpenStack
 set the rect of image "VirtualKeyboard" to 0,0,600,800
end preOpenStack

...because I understood that's how to do it, but it doesn't work. Should I
quote the rect dim's (the docs say not)?

2) I'm still having some kind of mental hangup with understanding the
conceptual difference between HC's 'Background' and Rev's 'Groups' (might
there be a way to plot this graphically so I can see what's actually
happening?). If I want the image to appear throughout the main stack, i.e.,
on all the cards, how do I implement that? How will that affect the problem
with it getting cut off at the top?

3) What do I do to hide the menubarin Rev (I looked for a solution and
couldn't find anything in the docs)? I couldn't use the trusty manual method
used by most Mac apps either (cmd/space).

Thanks,
Ken N.