RR now charging royalties for runtimes?

nedlud at postoffice.pacbell.net nedlud at postoffice.pacbell.net
Fri Apr 5 06:15:01 EST 2002

January 22, 1998
From: Jonathan <nedlud at pacbell.net>
To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>

I've reviewed this new description and it looks to be directed at
organizations that count developer seats too restrictively, leaving the
revolution folks with the problem of supporting large numbers of pseudo
developers. If this reading is correct then the distinction between
commercial (or shareware) developers who provide users with finished
products and companies that turn each user into a potential revolution
developer is not especially problematic. In fact it is fair for these
companies to purchase additional developer seats to cover the floating
usage. If, on the other hand, this is an attempt to generate a new type
of income based on the use of software written using revolution, we have
a serious problem that must be addressed immediately.

J/