How do I break out of runtime?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Apr 3 23:01:01 EST 2002

At 6:46 AM -0800 4/3/2002, Barry Levine wrote:
>When I double-click on a ".rev" stack, Revolution launches into the
>"runtime"(?) mode and I can't figure out how to break out back into the
>development mode without quitting Rev and then launching Rev directly
>(and then opening the stack).

That's right; it's the way the engine works currently. The only way I'm
aware of to load the development environment is to quit and start up Rev
again directly.

>Also: I've occasionally (well, more than that) had some bad code in a
>handler that, essentially, freezes Rev into an endless loop. What
>keystrokes can I press to break back into the development side.

Command-period (on a Mac), control-period (on Windows or Unix).

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!