How can I foreground an app?

Brad Allen BradAllen at mac.com
Mon Apr 1 23:34:01 EST 2002

The problem here is that Applescript's "activate" command only works
on scriptable apps. A Rev standalone doesn't have a scripting
dictionary, and isn't directly Applescriptable. However, if you're
using a Mac, something like this should work:

tell app "Finder"
   set the frontmost of application process "My Alarm Clock" to true
end tell

...where "My Alarm Clock" is the name of your Rev standalone.

If you can't use Applescript due to cross-platform consideration, you
might try using Rev's Launch command, as in

Launch "My Alarm Clock"

I'm not sure whether that would work under Windows, but it's worth a try.