[Use-revolution] Re: Was HTML Text Files

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Nov 23 12:17:00 EST 2001

Recently, Geoff Canyon wrote:

>> At 12:11 PM -0800 11/22/01, Scott Rossi wrote:
>> There is no such thing as a true "transparent" window.
>
> For comparison, check out the things they're doing with QuickTime:
>
> http://www.movtv.com/

These masked windows are fun stuff.  If masking counts as being transparent
(which I suppose it does) then I stand corrected.  And masking is quite
do-able in MC using the Odo WDEF on MacOS or the Tuviah's External
Collection on Windows.

Now have you seen any examples of windows with variable translucency?  I've
seen one, which is a filter window in version 3 of Kai's Power Tools on the
Mac.  The window to casts a real time dropshadow on whatever is beneath it,
and shows a distorted view through a lens.  This is pretty impressive.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director

Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design