[Use-revolution] Re: Was HTML Text Files

Mark MacKenzie (Shaw) markmac at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 22 13:06:07 EST 2001

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.  The training wheels are still on
but the axle nuts are loosing!

HTML fields are functioning as I need them too now.  The background is
invisible as desired.

Am I correct in my assumption that a floating pallet stack window cannot
have an invisible background such that a larger stack beneath shows through?
This is where I originally went wrong and became confused.

Next question:  Is it possible to protect resource media from copiers
without using the Valentina XCMD and its ability to hold blob references.
Is this possible within the basic Revolution framework?  Reliable techniques
to achieve this are of great concern to us and our clients.  Let me hasten
to add that my usual projects are resource rich and I use file references to
keep the stacks from bloating beyond reasonable limits.

With iShell I use a companion encrypted database product which handles all
resource file reference and storage within the encrypted database.  A
beautiful and fast solution.  (After looking carefully at Valentina I wonder
if "iPackager" is not based on the main Valentina engine.)

Regards
Mark MacKenzie
Chief Techno-Mage
Historical Treasures & Ancient Arts