importing color graphics

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 31 15:59:01 EST 2001

Tony Kroch <kroch at change.ling.upenn.edu> wrote:

> In the tutorial on converting from Hypercard it is mentioned that
> GraphicConverter can scan the resource fork of a stack and extract
> the PICTs. I own GC but can't figure out how to get it to do this.

You can get them out individually using the Open item under the File
menu, but to get them all out in a batch, use the Convert menu item. The
key thing in either case is to set the "filter" popdown selector to
"PICT from resource", which tells GC to look in the resource fork for
the graphics.

If you are using Convert, select the stack in the left-hand field and a
destination in the right-hand field. Set the "filter" button to "PICT
from resource". Set the destination format to either jpg or gif. Click
the "convert" button in the middle between the two fields. That should
do it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com