Update from Runtime Revolution

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Sat Dec 29 11:31:01 EST 2001

Hello,

I hope you had a great Christmas!  Best wishes for the New Year from
everyone at Runtime Revolution.

Network Issues
--------------

As you may have noticed, the runrev.com server was inaccessible for a few
days.  We are back up now, I do apologize for any inconvenience.  There was
a problem with the domain name registration.  Network Solutions appeared to
expire the domain name even though it is fully paid up until 2003.  The
problem has now been resolved, but it did take them a long time to do this.
I leave you to draw your own conclusions about using Network Solutions for
domain name services.

Beta test of 1.1.1 released!
----------------------------

Revolution 1.1.1B1 is available to test now.  You may access it using:

http://www.runrev.com/revolution/engines11/beta111/

We have built Mac OS, Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, and all other platforms are
available by downloading the appropriate engine from the engines11
directory.

This is primarily a bug fix release, please do take a moment to glance at
the notes at the start of the read me file before using it.

Stability should be improved and everything reported up until a couple of
weeks back should be fixed.  Beta two will catch up on those items not yet
fixed in beta 1.

HyperCard Conversion Tutorial
-----------------------------

There is a new tutorial on converting HyperCard stacks to Revolution
available at:

http://www.hyperactivesw.com/mctutorial/rrtutorialtoc.html

Many thanks to Jacqueline for working hard to bring this to you (she
finished it before Christmas!).

At MacWorld
-----------

Runtime will be at MacWorld in January.  Please drop by our stand!  If you
want to meet a member of the team to discuss anything in more detail then
please bring your laptop and drop us a note as soon as possible so we can
arrange a time.  I hope to see lots of you there.

Special Offer Extended

Because of the high level of interest we are extending the 80% discount for
HyperCard and SuperCard users until the 16th of January.  Terms and
conditions are available from:

http://www.runrev.com/revolution/info/specialoffer/index.html

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.