Sound Recording

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Dec 21 11:17:01 EST 2001

At 9:29 AM +0100 12/21/01, Torbjörn Nordlindh wrote:
>I'm working on a project that involves sound recording. I guess the
>best method is to call QuickTime.
>
>I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. It needs to work on
>Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.
>
>Any ideas?

Look at the 'record sound' command in Rev 1.1.  It is easy to record
using syntax like this:

     record sound file defaultFolder & "/" & <sndName> with best quality

Be sure to provide a button or some other control with the command:

     stop recording

There are a few refinements you can make, but this is the guts of it.

Devin
--
Devin Asay
Humanities Research Center