MetaCard 2.3.2 and Windows 7

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 7 22:48:16 CST 2012

On 11/7/12 6:06 PM, Huisingh, Larry R wrote:
> I have just moved to a Windows 7 PC from Windows XP.  This is the
> first time I have tried to modify my stack on the Windows 7 platform.
> When I try to show a stack with the "show wd xx" (where xx is a stack
> name) command in the Message Box I get the error "Commands: expected
> "," ".

It's hard to remember that far back, but some of the older engines used
to give that error when nothing else matched. The error you're getting
just happens to be the first one in the error list. It's probably
spurious, something else is wrong.

You could try "show stack" instead of "show window" if the stack is
already open but hidden. If you're trying to show a stack that is still
on disk, Win 7 has much stricter permissions and not all folders are
user-accessible any more. Try moving the stack to the Documents folder
where you have full access.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com