[MC_IDE] Quick Poll

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 31 11:40:11 CDT 2011

On 3/31/11 11:10 AM, Shari wrote:

> I remember having some sort of frustration with the whole standalone
> issue which may be why I stayed at MC/Rev 4.0 and did not move forward.
> I don't recall if I had to build with the engine from 3.5 or if 4.0 was
> okay. I just know that the whole thing was such a frustration that I
> took a break and worked on things that would not require builds for
> awhile in the hopes that the kinks would find resolutions later on.

As far as I know, you're the only one who couldn't make it work. I
suspect for your stacks you only need to deal with password protection
and embedded MC resources. Also, possibly, you may be having trouble if
you haven't set the HCAddressing property to false, if your stacks are
imported HC stacks.

> Now I am afraid to move forward because I keep seeing discussions on the
> Rev list about bugs in things that have been solid for a decade.

Version 4.6 is very solid. Are you sure the bugs you noticed aren't for
mobile? The desktop build is very good. Can you remember any bugs you've
seen that impact desktop work?

> I know the standalone issue will revisit me soon as I'm working on
> something actively right now. I dread that moment.

You'll be left in the dust if you don't upgrade, especially if the MC
IDE ports the SB from LiveCode with just a few tweaks. I believe that's
the plan.

I'm still willing to work with you on the standalone issue. I'm not
aware of anyone else having trouble. The LiveCode tech queue hasn't had
a single inquiry about it for at least the last several years.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com