[MC_IDE] Quick Poll

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 30 08:22:19 CDT 2011

On 3/29/11 8:51 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:

>> In all fairness to RunRev, it's not an easy change.  And I would even go
>> so far as to say it was a useful change, actually necessary as far as
>> RevWeb is concerned and also UAC, and also helpful for both RunRev's
>> license protection and for the MC IDE, since now the engine does all the
>> bit-level stuff (binding the engine, embedding icons, embedding UAC
>> info, etc.).
>
> Does it? Great! The windows icon stuff was a headache when I did it. I had to re-order the ico file to match the order of whatever software RunRev had used to make theirs. Back then after contracting to them to reinvent the SB I just volunteered my time to update MC. That was probably the lsst time I ran MC :-)
>
> Unfortunately I'm a bit more time deprived these days or I'd offer to help now.

That's okay, you're earlier work helping us sort out the icon embedding
for Windows and other tedious bit-counting tasks several versions ago
was an extraordinarily helpful effort that served us well for many
years.  You've more than paid your dues. :)

Wilhelm,  Monte's participation is another example of RunRev's support
of MC.  I don't know if his work has been given the credit it's due here
on this list, but while he was working under contract with RunRev to
make what is their current standalone builder he provided a LOT of very
useful code to help us with embedding the new icon sizes for Windows and
related details needed for that version.  While he did this on his own
time and outside of the direction of RunRev, the folks at RR were aware
of his contributions and had no problem with them at all, and in part
the code he delivered for MC was very similar to what delivered to
RunRev.  When I spoke with Kevin at the time he seemed quite pleased
that we were able to work that out and keep MC current with RR's new
capabilities.

Monte, I'll risk redundancy because your efforts warrant the
recognition:  thanks again for the help you provided during the last
major change to MC's SB.  Many of us have contributed code to MC, but
your contributions involved bit-level tedium that a lesser man would not
have attempted. :)

  Fourth World