MetaCard Setup 1.0.3

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 27 21:33:11 CDT 2010

Robert Brenstein wrote:

> I just created MetaCard 3.5. Everything seems to be working fine except
> that when it opens, the buttons of the home stack have no icons, just
> names. Clicking any button makes the icon show up. I wonder what gives.

That's a really old bug. I think the fix is this mod to the Home stack
that specifically puts the tools stack in use:

on startup
   if the version >="2.7" then
     start using stack "mctools.mc"
     if the platform <> "MacOS" then
       open stack "mctools.mc"
     end if
     set the defaultStack to "Home"
     reset cursors
   end if
   pass startup
end startup

> BTW, the setup stack works nicely. It does not, however, check whether
> the script of the home stack's card is modified. Without the mod (as
> described in the instructions posted in yahoo group), MetaCard hangs
> when launching.

Right. It doesn't check for any scripts, it just moves the stacks from
the download site. If you've made changes to your Home stack or other
tools, use the option that adds the engine to an existing set of MC
stacks (or move your Home stack into the new folder after setup finishes.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com