Questons to IDE 4

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Sun Jan 3 09:31:48 CST 2010

Hi friends,

I am currently working on the new MC IDE 4 and while I am at this,
there are some questions concerning the output of the new standalone
building process.

OS X:
Would you like to output
a: ppc, fat AND intel apps at the same time like Rev does?
This would require to create subfolder(s) in the target directory!

b: ppc OR fat OR intel apps = only one app at a time?

Know what I mean?

What else will be new in 4.0:
- Added new stack to locate the Rev standalone engines.
- uses new function "mcPrefsFolder" to store the info in a text file.
See below...

"MetaCard Menu Bar":
- Added backscript to not only move but also resize objects with the arrowkeys
- when pressing the ALT-key additionally.
- Thanks to Richard Gaskin for the scripts!

- Added function "mcPrefsFolder" to backscript which returns:
- Mac: specialFolderPath("preferences")
- Windows (>= 2000): specialFolderPath(26)
- Windows (95/96/97/98/99/ME): specialfolderpath("system")
- Linux: $HOME
- A subfolder "MetaCard" will be created there
- Hint: This function also returns the neccessary trailing slash!
(We should use this folder for all new preferences from now on!)

- Added a new Menu "Window", where you can easily switch windows.

Will also add an updated version of Ken Rays "Varaible Watcher".

Hint:
To build standalones for OS "Classic" you will need to open the old
"Standalone Builder". I supplied a button to open that stack in the latest
"Standalone Builder" stack.

Best

Klaus

--