Remove the password protection of a stack & Application

FlexibleLearning admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Thu Dec 16 13:01:05 CST 2010

> 1) How removing the password protection of a stack in the MC IDE.
> In the LC IDE the IDE asks me for the password when I'm trying to open a
script
> in the stack. In the MC IDE, I'm informed that the stack is password
protected
> but not asking a password

Hi zryip

The MC IDE lost the ability to set/remove a password became lost after v4.0
when the encryption in the engine changed.

I think we are still waiting for Edit menu > Stack Properties >
Password/Passkey button to be updated. Klaus?

Personally I never use the LC IDE until I need to build a standAlone or
protect a stack. Passwording is a pain, though, because I have to open a
protected in LC, try to edit a script, enter the password to temporarily
unlock it, use the message box to set the password of this stack to empty,
save the stack, then return to MC to continue. Fortunately I do not have to
do this frequently. Fortunately when building a standAlone, setting the
password at build time does not affect the source stack itself.

Hugh Senior
FLCo