Standalone Building

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Oct 9 13:01:51 CDT 2009

From: Klaus on-rev <klaus at major.on-rev.com> :

> I can add as many checkboxes as you like  :-) , but what exactly should
> this one be good for?
>
> This property "cREVKeepDevelopmentProperties" has no meaning in MC,
> but maybe I am misunderstanding you?
Klaus,

It could have meaning for us in the future.

The present procedure in Rev 4.0-dp4 with Oliver Kenyon's patched stack
"RevStandaloneSettings" - as I assume - is now like this:

1. You create a custom property  "cREVKeepDevelopmentProperties" in the
stack that shall become a standalone and set it to "true"

2. The patched stack "RevStandaloneSetting" checks this custom property,
and if "true", it tells the "engine" not to remove the development
properties

3. The file "Standalone" - in the case of Windows - in folder
"Runtime/Windows/x86-32/Standalone" is no longer needed or used.
The command "Save as Standalone Application" in Menu "File" of the Rev
IDE is then sent directly to the Rev engine to build the standalone  -
without using the file "Standalone" as it was necessary before

When you remove file "Standalone" from the "Runtime" folder - or delete
it completely - this has no longer an effect on standalone building.

Hope this is correct and helps?

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke