ask/answer annoyance

Hugh Senior h at FlexibleLearning.com
Tue Mar 10 15:11:25 CDT 2009

Since it's modal, the window is blocking and has to close before anything
can be done at all outside the modal. The only thing that springs to mind is
you trap cmd.period in the modal itself.

2p

/H

From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
Subject: ask/answer annoyance,

It's bugged me for years that we can't exit a loop if we have an answer
or ask dialog in it.  In HC and SC you just type command-"." and it
exits to top, but in MC/Rev it just stays in the loop, requiring you to
either keep hitting "OK" a thousand times or force-quitting.  Arg.

I've tried modifying my answer dialog, and even tried using a
frontScript, but it appears that trying to use "exit to top" for the
dialog doesn't really exit to top if it's being called from a loop; it
just keeps being called.

Am I missing something, or is this an engine bug?