ask/answer annoyance,

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 9 17:25:41 CDT 2009

It's bugged me for years that we can't exit a loop if we have an answer
or ask dialog in it.  In HC and SC you just type command-"." and it
exits to top, but in MC/Rev it just stays in the loop, requiring you to
either keep hitting "OK" a thousand times or force-quitting.  Arg.

I've tried modifying my answer dialog, and even tried using a
frontScript, but it appears that trying to use "exit to top" for the
dialog doesn't really exit to top if it's being called from a loop; it
just keeps being called.

Am I missing something, or is this an engine bug?