Still here

Klaus Major klaus at major.on-rev.com
Wed Aug 19 02:41:15 CDT 2009

Hi Mark,

> Hi,
>
> You might get more feedback, if you put the downloads on a server,
> accessible without having to log in on Yahoo.

Yes, maybe, but I was talking about feedback from the long time MC
users who
do have this Yahoo account and access to the files, I know there are
many of them!

> If you also make sure that links to all necessary files are
> available on one and the same website, it will be much easier for
> people to install Metacard and keep it updated. If you need web
> space for that, I could offer you something like metacard.runrev.info.

Thank you for your kind offer, sounds good, but I have absolute no
time in the moment unfortunately.
I might come back to this later, thanks again!

> In the mean time, please feel encouraged :-)

Thank you, very surprised and flattered :-D

> I really appreciate your efforts, although I wonder whether the
> datagrid should really be part of it.

Hm, if the IDE does not offer the same basic funtionality as Rev then
the development
of the MC IDE should have halted a couple of years ago I think!

> Personally, I feel it might be one of the things that make MC less
> lean yet meaner.

The "datagridlibrary" is not a (not too useful ;-) 4000 lines script
like the "table" script etc.
but just a behaviour and does not come into the way of the IDE in my
opinion.

Anyway, since I still do all of my work with MC I will continue to
implement all the functionality
that the ENGINE supplies into the MC IDE, YEAH! :-)

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille

Best