Shortcuts in Script Editor with engine 3.5

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 2 13:37:23 CDT 2009

Tariel Gogoberidze wrote:

> Jacque,
>
> When I was doing 3.5 installation with your tool "metacard_setup.mc"
> (great stack and very helpful), I got script error on
> "revPathtoApplescript" function.
>
> on displayOSXfolder pFolderPath,pAction -- open or close the Finder
> folder to force icon update
>   put revPathtoApplescript(pFolderPath) into tFolder  -- <-- error
>

> When I was using it,  no Rev IDE was running and it could not find the
> function around and throw the error

Thanks for the report, Tariel. The rev scripts are inserted as a
backscript if you are installing in the MC IDE. I'm not sure why your
copy couldn't find them. MC Setup checks the revAppVersion() to see if
it is > 0, and if not, it inserts the rev backscript.

What do you get if you put this into the message box:

   put revAppVersion()

In MC, that should return zero.

I just did a test install of the 3.5rc1 engine using the MC IDE and did
not get the error. Did you customize the MC IDE somehow to change
revAppVersion()?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com