Shortcuts in Script Editor with engine 3.5

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Apr 2 11:45:27 CDT 2009

Hi Tariel

thanks for your feedback!

A bit more feedback wouldn't hurt however (Hint, HInt! :-)

> On Apr 1, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Klaus Major wrote:
>

>>> I noticed that with engine 3.5 the shortcuts e.g. the script editor
>>> like CMD-M or "CMD-F" etc. do not work anymore?
>>>
>>> The shortcuts are apparently directed to the "MC Menubar" and CMD-M
>>> will open/close themessage box, CMD-F will open the MC "Find" dialog
>>> and NOT the script find dialog.This did work with 3.0.Someone else
>>> noticed this?
>>
>> I only got one response to my important question, thanks Hugh.
>> Could you please check this and give a short notice?
> I can confirm (Mac OS X) that with latest 3.5 engine CMD-F in script
> editor now opens "Find" dialog and NOT "Script find" dialog.

The debug shortcuts are also not accessible which is even worse!

I will write a mail to "support at runrev.com" before I start making
evil hacks in the script editor, maybe they have a VERY clever
workaround ;-)

> BTW since 3.0 the "Script find" dialog is now NOT resizable and
> twice as long as it was before.
> While you are on this, can you please make it resizable again?

:-)

> to take care of geometry you can do something like this..
> -----
> vertical min and max is set to 100
> horizontal min is set to 200
> script of card
> on resizeStack x,y
>  set the rect of fld "find Text" to 104,12,x-110,36
>  set the right of button "find next" to the right of card 1 - 11
>  set the right of button "done" to the right of card 1 - 11
> end resizeStack
> -----

Thanks!

> Also, in current IDE we have..
> -----
> the script of card 1 of stack "MetaCard Menu Bar"
>  if the platform contains "Mac" then
>    set the loc of this stack to the screenloc
>  else
>    set the loc of this stack to 320,67
>  end if
>  insert script of button "menuButton" into front
>  insert script of button "newobj" into back
>  if the defaultMenubar is empty
>  then set the defaultMenubar to "MetaCard Menu Bar"
>  if the platform is "MacOS" and char 1 of the systemVersion is "1"
> then
>    set the textFont of this stack to "Lucida Grande"
>    set the textSize of this stack to 13
>  else if the platform is "Win32" then
>    set the textFont of this stack to "Verdana"
>    set the textSize of this stack to 11
>  end if
> First, personally I don't think we should force "tool palette"

the "... to the screenloc" relates to stack "MetaCard Menu Bar", which
is not
opened at all on the Mac, except for editing!

> to screenloc and second and most important, can you please change
> set the textFont of this stack to "Lucida Grande"
>    set the textSize of this stack to 13

> set the textFont of this stack to "Lucida Grande"
>    set the textSize of this stack to 11
>
> which is default and more acceptable font size for Mac

Sure, any objections from other users?

>> I need to know for the next release of the MC IDE and act accordingly
>> if necessary.
>> Maybe I will add some buttons and/or change the shortcuts or any
>> other
>> workaround if there is any.
>> Hints very welcome! Thanks!
>
> No hints at this moment but the goofy workaround would be to add the
> following mini handler to the script of card 1 of stack "script
> editor"
>
> on commandkeydown x
>  if x = "f" then
>    send "doFind" && word 2 of the name of this stack & "," &&  the
> selectedtext  to stack "Script Find"
>  else
>    pass commandkeydown
>  end if
> end commandkeydown
> In my brief test it reversed behavior to "normal"

See above, will ask the mothership first.

>> I already created a palette for the new datagrid and will relase this
>> as a plug-in on the weekend
> That's a great news, THANKS.

Indeed! :-D

>> (hopefully, since I have a gigantic cold, pass me the
>> hankies...)
>
> :(
>

>> Later I will try to implement this into the properties palette but
>> that may require that
>> I make this palette a bit higher, from 208 pixel to 264.
>> I think we can live with this
> absolutely, but how difficult it would be to make it dynamically
> resize to 264 for Grid and back to 208 for other controls ?

Hm, a bit more elaborate that you might think, since I have the prop
palette at the bottom
of my screen wehile others may have it somewhere else...

I will see what I can do.

>> if I also make some changes to e.g. the
>> field "Tooltip" so we can finally enter more than one line and maybe
>> add a "antialias" for graphics.
>
> NICE
>
> Best regards
> Tariel