[OT] Dreamboats and root canals

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Tue Sep 9 01:44:08 CDT 2008

Oh I'd still say it.  Dreamboats always come inside out.

You don't supposed it will be the dreaded Root Canal?  I'm overly
familiar with those buggers.  I actually had two that weren't any
worse than a filling.  But the last one... oh it made up for it!

I could so regale you with dental stories... right now I don't have a
dentist because I can't find a Cigna dentist that isn't a crook in my
neck of the woods.  Signed up with a new one and attempted to get my
teeth cleaned.

The hygienist said I needed a bunch of extra stuff and I'd have to
pay out of pocket.  I was agreeable to all the extra dental work such
as deep cleaning.  But when she told me it was MANDATORY to have
tobacco counseling for $40 when I don't smoke or chew tobacco, and
MANDATORY to take home a tube of fluoride for another $40 even though
I have a full tube, and that they absolutely would not clean my teeth
without my full agreement to all these things that I'd have to pay
for to the tune of $400 out of pocket, well... at the moment I'm in
desperate need of a cleaning.

My husband thought I should have just paid them and then found
another dentist but I couldn't do it.  I couldn't reward such
crookedness.  We called Cigna to report it but apparently it is not
illegal.  Just immoral and downright rotten.

So be happy to have a dentist, missy.  Just demand gas on top of the
novacaine and enjoy the ride :-)

May your day be easy breezy and bring great relief.

Shari

--
   Dogs and bears, sports and cars, and patriots t-shirts
   http://www.villagetshirts.com