Thank you Metacard 2.4.3!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 19 11:25:35 CDT 2008

Robert Brenstein wrote:
> On 19/05/08 at 08:36 -0700 Richard Gaskin apparently wrote:
>> That's verty disturbing, since ostensibly nothing in the HC conversion
>> code has changed in versions since 2.4.3.
>>
>> I would encourage you to send your stack and your test results to
>> RunRev for evaluation.
>>
>> --
>>  Richard Gaskin
>>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>
> Hasn't RunRev removed the option to convert HC stack some time ago?

No, it's still there in Studio and Enterprise. They did remove it from
Media, since that's an entry-level edition with a few features turned off.

I'm not sure why Shari couldn't get results in later versions of the
engine. I routinely convert HC stacks all the time and have never had a
problem, with the exception of one single release of -- I think it was
-- 2.7 where Mark forgot to enable the HC conversion feature. It was
turned on again in the next point release.

Mark has specifically told me that he hasn't touched the HC conversion
code at all. It remains exactly as Scott Raney wrote it and he has never
changed it. So I suspect something else is going on with these
particular stacks.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com