Setting up MC from scratch

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Thu Jul 31 20:39:24 CDT 2008

Hopefully this message will get thru to the list.  I'm not receiving
any list messages and have no idea why, but I can read the archives
online.  So here goes...

I'm trying to convince my boss at my part time job to buy Rev Media
so that I can create something for them while there.  I know they
won't agree to pay me to work from home on this project.

I've downloaded the trial version and got the 30-day key and started
the project in hopes of selling her on it.  But I want to work in the
Metacard IDE, not the Rev IDE, so that I can get this done faster and
show more progress (and work happier :-)

They've never had either program.  I downloaded the MC IDE which is
just mctools.mc and put it in a folder with the Rev engine, renaming
the engine to mc.exe.  I found an old version of Home and the other
stack in the older files of the Metacard IDE site, and put them in
the folder.  But something is missing to * bless * the connection.  I
cannot open the Metacard Home stack no matter what I do, it launches
the Rev home stack.  I tried right-clicking and choosing to directly
open it, even that opens Rev home instead.  This is on Windows.

Can anybody offer a suggestion?  I sure would like to be working in
MC if I can sell this to her.

Shari
--
   Dogs and bears, sports and cars, and patriots t-shirts
   http://www.villagetshirts.com