Use Valentina with MetaCard 2.5 ?

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Dec 22 18:22:32 CST 2008

On 22/12/08 at 15:31 -0600 Ken Ray apparently wrote:

>Actually, I'm not completely in the "yay-Valentina!" camp. ;-)

As Ken says, support is a big forte of Valentina. On the other hand,
the documentation has been always somewhat deficient. At least, there
is now a decent set of examples for V4REV. Each version of Valentina
has its own quirks, just like Revolution. The development process is
not branched, so one has to keep upgrading to get bug fixes, just
like Revolution again. Overall, IMHO, I think it beats pants off of
competition for desktop applications, particularly in terms of
performance, although it became somewhat bulky as software (good that
this is mostly not so important nowadays). I haven't used the server
version yet, so no opinion there, but I haven't heard anything really
negative, either.

Robert