Use Valentina with MetaCard 2.5 ?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Dec 22 15:31:51 CST 2008

> As it has been for y'all, I surmise, because respondents in this thread have
> been unanimously favorable to Valentina. No one reported any regret. Not
> so-far, anyways. I'd like to hear from other Valentina users too, or would-be
> users that were discouraged.. or whomever has something relevant to say about
> Valentina. Good or bad are equally welcome.  :)

Actually, I'm not completely in the "yay-Valentina!" camp. ;-)

I was working with a client on an application that was using Valentina as
the DB, and it did not scale very well... we had a situation where my
client's major customer couldn't get more than a few hours out of Val
without it crashing. We worked with Ruslan almost daily for over a month and
couldn't figure out what the issue was. We ended up switching to MySQL and
have been happy as clams ever since.

NOTE, however, that (a) we were using Valentina 1.x, not 2.x (which is
supposed to be more stable/flexible/etc.), (b) we were not having any
problems with our smaller customers (i.e. 2-20 concurrent users) but only
had problems with the larger ones (50-150 concurrent users), and (c) Ruslan
was INCREDIBLY responsible to us and was working with us daily, giving us
custom builds, etc., so the support was excellent.

I'm not sure any of the above applies to you, but just thought I'd bring it
up.

:-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.