Metacard still wins

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 8 17:10:30 CDT 2008

Shari wrote:

> What is gRevDevelopment?  (Please don't tell me you have to turn
> Execution Errors on in Rev?  MC just automatically does them!)

Rev behaves identically and will show errors unless you specifically
turn them off (there is a toolbar icon to toggle that.)

The gRevDevelopment global is an undocumented setting used by the Rev
IDE team to debug errors that occur in scripts within the IDE stacks. On
the assumption that most users don't want to debug the IDE, it is turned
off by default. Mark is suggesting that you turn it on temporarily to
see whether an IDE script error is blocking the saving in your own scripts.

It isn't usually necessary but in rare circumstances it can be useful to
see the guts of the IDE in action. I kind of doubt this is what's going
on but it won't hurt to check.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com