Help - Cannot delete a folder

Alain Farmer alain_farmer at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 23:11:39 CDT 2008

Thanks Jacque,

> You can get the "detailed files" and the "detailed folders".
> This will give you full listings of everything, including
> hidden items. Then you'll need to run a loop to walk the
> directories, deleting all the files in each file list,
> and getting the files inside each folder in the folder
> list. After that, "delete folder" should work.

Yup, very-good advice. :) And, yes, this is exactly what I did.

> I vaguely recall an ancient bug with "delete folder"
> that has long since been corrected, but I don't remember
> if 2.5 has the fix or not.

Aha! This is precisely the kind of info I was looking for. You have a very good memory, Jacque. I suspected this might be the case becoz I had utterly exhausted all possibilities I could fathom, *before* asking y'all for help.

> I think it does. You could test by creating a single
> empty folder in the finder, and then seeing if MC
> will delete it.

Excellent methodology, Jacque. You're a PRO! Alas, I tried this TOO and it failed. Therefore, I can only conclude, [at this point], that MetaCard 2.5 *has* the bug you speak-of. Drats! I will have to work-around it, I guess; unless someone (..ideally a MC 2.5 user) can suggest a *hack* around this old bug.

Thank you *kindly*, however, for remembering this obscure-fact for me. :-)

Alain