Problems with "delete folder"" && someFolder

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Mon Aug 4 17:33:33 CDT 2008

Alain,

The ".." and "." folders aren't actual folders - they are just
symbolic. Thus there is nothing to delete. Problems deleting regular
folders is another story, but the "." and ".." entries shouldn't be
the source of your problem.

If you are really stuck in Transcript land, you could try using
shell() to call through to the command-line where things behave like
you are accustomed to? If you use "rm" on the command line (UNIX /
Linux / MacOS X), there are options to recurse and force delete
everything:

rm -rf /path/to/my/folder

Hope that helps.