Runtime versions

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Mar 28 04:39:16 CDT 2007

Hello Signe Marie,

> Hello, I'm trying out Rev 2.8 with MetaCard IDE (latest version) on
> both Windows and Mac 10.4.9
>
> On Windows in the properties for a standalone under Description
> appears HyperRESEARCH  ??

Are you really using the very latest IDE (2.7.3)?
I thought I had removed this string from the standalone builder in
the latest version!?

Anyway this is just a cosmetic issue, sorry for that.

> On Mac I use the Universal B runtime version. Under Version in the
> Info window of the standalone file appears: 2.5, Copyright
> 1992-2002 MetaCard Corporation. There's no mentioning of Revolution ??

Looks like you only moved the "new" engine into an "old" application
package, right?

Well, the "info.plist" in the old app pack has never been changed so
far, that's why :-)
You can of course change the "info.plist" to your need. Drop a line
if you need some hints.

> The standalone file amounts to 7,1 MB (!) whereas on Windows the
> file is 2,93 MB.

The standalone UB engine "weighs" about 4.5 MB, the PPC or INTEL 2.4 MB.
If your stack data are about 2.6 MB this should be correct.

> In view of the longest possible duration of the programs
> (compatibility with Intel) do I have to stick with the Universal
> Binary,
> or would it suffice to use the runtime for PowerPC?

If filesize IS an issue that should work fine...
But I think the UB runs a little faster on INTEL Macs.

> I suppose that one is smaller in size.

Yes, see above.

Hope that helps.

> Signe Marie Sanne