Runtime versions

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Wed Mar 28 04:19:52 CDT 2007

Hello, I'm trying out Rev 2.8 with MetaCard IDE (latest version) on
both Windows and Mac 10.4.9

On Windows in the properties for a standalone under Description
appears HyperRESEARCH  ??

On Mac I use the Universal B runtime version. Under Version in the
Info window of the standalone file appears: 2.5, Copyright 1992-2002
MetaCard Corporation. There's no mentioning of Revolution ??

The standalone file amounts to 7,1 MB (!) whereas on Windows the file
is 2,93 MB.
In view of the longest possible duration of the programs
(compatibility with Intel) do I have to stick with the Universal
Binary, or would it suffice to use the runtime for PowerPC? I suppose
that one is smaller in size.

Signe Marie Sanne