[ANN] automatic metacard IDE creation tool

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jun 10 10:49:02 CDT 2007

Björnke von Gierke wrote:
 >> I guess we should have coordinated this better, but Richard only asked
 >> me yesterday. :( Maybe you and he can sort it out, and if you want,
 >> I'm happy to step down.
 >

 > I don't get this. You mentioned a similar sentiment about the
 > documentation. What is so bad in your assessment about having two stacks
 > doing the same (or a similar) thing?

Nothing at all, I just didn't want you to be insulted or feel that I was
in competition. If you don't mind, then I'll go ahead. I was mostly
concerned about your feelings.

 > Maybe mine has an error? Maybe
 > yours is slower? By offering different stacks, we can both play our
 > strengths, and any programmer can take them and merge them, building an
 > even better version by improving on our collective foundation works.

Sure, no problem. My main fear was that after the documentation
discussion you'd think I was trying to compete, which of course I'm not.
It was just something that Richard and I had discussed, and I was
putting together some specs to post to the list.

 > Unless of course you wanted to sell yours, but I highly doubt this was
 > the case here.

No, not at all. It's all a volunteer effort and I had some time this
weekend.

 > On a  side note: I mentioned my intentions to do this on ChatRev before
 > starting it, but if desired I can announce on this list every mc related
 > project I start (my started projects/finished projects ratio is about 1
 > to 10 though).

We mostly use this list to coordinate IDE efforts and anyone who wants
to change or add something usually posts here first. Then we gather
ideas, get a consensus, "assign" the project to that person, and it
proceeds. I really welcome your contributions and I don't want to
discourage you in any way, so I'm sorry if my last post sounded
critical. If your stacks don't directly hook into the IDE, then no
announcement is expected. This one doesn't, so it's fine. Your stack is
a welcome addition and as long as you aren't insulted if I continue,
then we're cool.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com