[ANN] automatic metacard IDE creation tool

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Jun 9 23:17:45 CDT 2007

i wanted to write a tutorial for people to follow, when they do not
have any metacard installed yet, but want to check it out. In my
opinion, the process would be too complex to follow, and no one is
gonna read a tutorial anyway.
Therefore I made a stack that does it mostly automatic:

http://homepage.mac.com/bvg/temp/create_mc_for_macosx.rev

It works for Mac OS X, and people still need to supply the ide stacks
by hand.
Related to that: Would it be possible to mirror the IDE stack files
somewhere, where a program can download them (maybe ask runrev for a
bit of space on their server?)? Additionally, is it possible not to use
zip files (because that needs the zip.dll)? I recommend plain stack
files, maybe gz, because these can be used within rev/mc.

A feature i could have made is the creation of relevant bundles needed
to build applications within mc, but it's 06.00 and i want sleep.

Have fun
Björnke

--

official ChatRev page: