MC IDE launch using Revolution.exe

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 13:20:43 CDT 2007

Ken Ray wrote...

> Richard and I discovered a few nights ago that  if you move the
> 'mchome.mc' and 'mctools.mc' stacks into the directory  where
> the Revolution 2.8.1 application exists. The next time you launch
> "Rev", it will open the MetaCard IDE.

Hey! Neat trick, Ken!

[... Tries it ...]

Oops! Maybe on OSX, but unworkable under Windows XP. Yes, the Home.mc stack
launches but there is no mouse cursor and the font is shot.

Also, if I  did get it to work, I would never get the opportunity to use the
Rev IDE. So we  would need a launch dialog along the lines of...

"There are 4 IDE's  available:
Revolution 2.7.2-gm-1
Revolution  2.8.1-gm-1
Metacard  2.7.2
Metacard 2.8.1
Click to select the  IDE you want to use"

Until then, maybe I just leave all my MetaCard versions in separate  folders,
let Rev do their own thing, and stop trying to rule the  Universe.

/H