BvG Docu and home stack in Metacard

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 8 09:46:09 CDT 2007

Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> On 08 Jun 2007, at 12:44, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 07 Jun 2007, Ken Ray wrote:
>>
>>> 3) Add a substack to your main stack window called something like
>>> "BVGExternals" and a custom property to your main stack window to hold
>>> a path to the revXML external. When you launch check to see if you're
>>> in MC. If you are, check the custom property to see if it has a value.
>>> If it doesn't, ask the user to locate the revXML external and store the
>>> path in the custom property. If it *does* have a value, verify there's
>>> a file at that path. Once you're sure you have the external available,
>>> dynamically "set the externals" of stack "BVGExternals" to the revXML
>>> external path, and then bring the BVGExternals stack into use with
>>> "start using stack 'BVGExternals'". This will load the revXML external
>>> on the fly and make it available to your main stack window.

If we were to pursue true IDE-independence, might it be better to just
look at the XML parsing needed for BvG Docu and put it into the project
directly?

The XML in Rev's Dictionary stack is pretty straightforward, and I've
never used more than 80 lines of my own handlers for most read-only XML
tasks.  The offset function is really fast. :)

Desirable?

If not, maybe it would be simpler to update the mcTranscriptDict.mc
stack at the MC Yahoo Group to deal with v2.7's new format?