Automated setup file uploaded

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 15 22:53:21 CDT 2007

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Tariel Gogoberidze wrote:

>> 2. May be makes sense to add keyboard shortcuts for "new stack" and to
>> show / hide "control browser" ?
>> I have "command + N" for new stack and "command + B" for control
>> browser and it's convenient in my personal experience.
>
> I usually use Cmd-N for New Card, so I'm not so keen on this change but
> if others want it, I could live with it.
>
> Changes like this are handy in a frontscript; then you don't have to
> change the IDE. I keep a lot of custom keyboard commands in a frontscript.

I just had an idea about this. Suppose we change the Home stack so that
it looks in the Plugins folder for a specially-named plugin when it
first opens. If it finds a plugin with the right name, it opens the
stack automatically.

Anyone who wants to insert custom front or back scripts could put the
instructions in that plugin. So, for example, if I wanted my custom
scripts to be inserted, I'd have something like this in my special
plugin script:

on openstack
   insert script of btn 1 into front -- btn is in the plugin stack
   insert script of btn 2 into back
   close this stack
end openstack

If I wanted my plugin to open invisibly, a preOpenStack handler in the
plugin could set the visibility of the plugin stack to false. Actually,
just about anything could be in that plugin. It could set up your script
textfont and sizes, open other stacks, run initialization scripts, set
up globals, whatever you want. It would allow each person to customize
their own environment without needing to make changes to the whole IDE.

Would this be useful?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com