Automated setup file uploaded

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 15 12:36:13 CDT 2007

Klaus Major wrote:
> Hi Jaqueline,

>> Works like a charm, but I got an error ""Installation failed: Could
>> not rename Revolution engine. can't rename file"
>> when I selected "Use the currently running Revolution". No problem
>> when selecting Rev manually.
>
> Sorry, my fault, I was executing this from MetaCard, no problems when
> using Rev!

You should be able to run it from within MetaCard (most of my testing
was done in MC) so I'm not sure how this would happen. The "Use the
currently running Revolution" button should have been dimmed if you
opened the stack in MetaCard. Did you open the stack with messages
locked, so that the scripts didn't run? The button states are set on a
preOpenCard handler. In MC, only the "Choose" button should have been
enabled.

If you didn't open the stack with messages locked, then I'd like to
track this down. If you can figure out a recipe, that'd be great.

> But I suggest that we remove the "Demo" button, since we do not want to
> include the
> sin of Mr. KM's youth (and that does NOT stand for Klaus Major) a.k.a.
> "MetaCard Demo"
> in the distribution, do we?! :-D

I always change the Demo button to something else on my own copy (I use
it to open a "launcher" stack that installs my front and back scripts.)
If folks decide to change the button to support Prefs or anything else,
just post the new Home stack to the IDE group and I'll mirror it at
RevJournal as soon as I see an announcement here. I agree the Demo
button is a little outdated and I bet almost never used by anyone.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com