Automated setup file uploaded

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 03:53:03 CDT 2007

--- "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> I've just uploaded my version of the MetaCard Setup
> stack to the MC_IDE
> area on Yahoo Groups:

> This stack will automate setting up the MC IDE and
> installing the latest
> Revolution engine. There are several options
> available; for example, you
> can automatically download the latest IDE, use an
> existing IDE (handy if
> you've edited your IDE stacks) and choose the
> version of the engine to
> install.
>
> Since automated downloading from the Yahoo area is
> tricky, RevJournal is
> currently mirroring the latest IDE stacks. I will
> keep the files updated
> whenever they change, (and Klaus, Richard can give
> you access too if you
> want.)
>
> In addition to engine and IDE installation, the
> setup stack will
> optionally download and install a copy of the
> Revolution Dictionary
> Shell stack. If desired, it will also move all the
> Revolution
> documentation into the shell. Import works with any
> version of
> Revolution 2.x or higher.
>
> This is a handy stack to place in the MC Plugins
> folder, where you can
> access it every time an update is needed. There is
> extensive
> documentation in the stack, just click the "?"
> button at the lower left
> corner to read it.
>
> The stack has been tested with the last 2 engine
> revisions and the last
> 3 IDE changes, and seems to work fine, but please
> report any problems if
> you find them.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay

Wonderful news, Jacque - I know I'm only lurking here
on this list, and am using Revolution aés my main
working environment, but I've always been intrigued by
Metacard and the power hidden under its 'spartan' user
interface.
Since I don't have any previous Metacard license
(though I do have a Revolution Enterprise license),
what exacly should I do to create a Metacard 2.8.1?
I imagine I could open your .mc stack using Revolution
and push a button there, or is it slightly more
complicated?

Thanks in advance,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====