Automated setup file uploaded

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Jul 15 03:30:22 CDT 2007

Hi Jaqueline,

> I've just uploaded my version of the MetaCard Setup stack to the
> MC_IDE area on Yahoo Groups:

> This stack will automate setting up the MC IDE and installing the
> latest Revolution engine. There are several options available; for
> example, you can automatically download the latest IDE, use an
> existing IDE (handy if you've edited your IDE stacks) and choose
> the version of the engine to install.
>
> Since automated downloading from the Yahoo area is tricky,
> RevJournal is currently mirroring the latest IDE stacks. I will
> keep the files updated whenever they change, (and Klaus, Richard
> can give you access too if you want.)
>
> In addition to engine and IDE installation, the setup stack will
> optionally download and install a copy of the Revolution Dictionary
> Shell stack. If desired, it will also move all the Revolution
> documentation into the shell. Import works with any version of
> Revolution 2.x or higher.
>
> This is a handy stack to place in the MC Plugins folder, where you
> can access it every time an update is needed. There is extensive
> documentation in the stack, just click the "?" button at the lower
> left corner to read it.
>
> The stack has been tested with the last 2 engine revisions and the
> last 3 IDE changes, and seems to work fine, but please report any
> problems if you find them.

Wow, great work!

Works like a charm, but I got an error ""Installation failed: Could
not rename Revolution engine. can't rename file"
when I selected "Use the currently running Revolution". No problem
when selecting Rev manually.

Will this also run with engines <2.7?
Not that I'd need it ;-)

> --

Best

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de

P.S.
And everything secretly behind the back of the MC Poobah, ts, ts, ts ;-)