Speed differences between MC and Rev and the origin of the English language

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 21 16:49:49 CDT 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> I believe the revGeneral library is always included. There is no option
> to turn it off, which is usually okay, since the majority of Rev users
> need at least some part of that library.

I've recovered from the shock of this discovery, but now find myself
left with a critical question:

What could revGeneral possibly be doing that affects the execution of
scripts that don't call any of its handlers?

We just might have stumbled onto Rev's tech support holy grail: if
revGeneral turns out to be such an unruly citizen, invoking its own
handlers independent of the developer's control, the implications for
other bugs reported by developers and their end-users are potentially
quite broad.

But if it turns out that revGeneral operates in a polite, clean way that
doesn't unexpectedly alter normal script execution, then what could be
causing Wilhelm's performance drop?

Such a strange mystery....

  Managing Editor, revJournal