MC vs Rev docs

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Sep 8 09:27:44 CDT 2006

I think I'm getting the hang of this.  One reason I had wanted to
work in the Rev IDE was because it appeared to have more listings in
the Index docs.  So I had thought that all those extra listings that
were not in the MC docs, existed in the engine, but were not
documented in MC.

If I'm understanding this, then I am half right.  The extra items
exist, but as Rev handlers in the Rev IDE.  It means that those
things can be done within MC if you want to write the handlers or
swipe the handlers from the Rev IDE.

In other words, the MC Index docs are complete.  They are not missing
anything as I had originally thought (excepting some of the
documentation to explain how the menu items work in Rev, such as the
detailed info re the standalone builder... I already know how to do
this in MC so I don't need the Rev docs unless I'm working in Rev...)

So.... this reasoning for working with the Rev IDE just went blooey.
I think I'll work in MC today :-)

A side note... I noticed on the Rev list that folks are talking about
the dontUseQT.  My existing project sets that.  The only platform
that I've created a standalone for is Macintel.  And it works there
(as the folks said on the other list).  I don't intend to put out a
new Windows version at this time.  Ain't broke...  :-D

But when I do, I sure hope this isn't a stumbling block!  I had
wanted to force MC to use the internal built in visual effects, as my
own custom ones weren't working in my Windows test.  So I let Mac
have the ones I created, and Windows could use MC's built in ones.
But it wasn't using them, so I set dontUseQT to force Windows to
ignore QT and use MC's built in effects.

Shari
--
Gypsy King Software
Mac and Windows shareware games