deleting Macintel desktop aliases

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Mon Sep 4 17:26:16 CDT 2006

>The good news: it will work the good ol' MC way ;-)
>   if there is a folder theFile then
>     delete theFile
>   end if

Apparently Macintel desktop aliases are cranky buggers to delete.  I
have tried every combo I can think of in MC.

delete folder theFile # if there is a folder theFile
delete file theFile # if there is a file theFile
delete theFile # if there is a folder theFile, if there is a file theFile

The only thing that had worked is the revDeleteFolder, and apparently
it doesn't work in MC or an MC standalone.  It worked perfectly in
Rev.

As for revXXX things... I still do not understand.  The engine is the
same regardless, right?  The only difference between Rev 2.7 and MC
2.7 is the IDE, the user interface.  So there must be libraries or
stacks that contain the special revXXX items, that I could add to my
stack to make them work?

Shari
--
Gypsy King Software