revDeleteFolder updated

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Sep 4 16:38:07 CDT 2006

HI Shari,

> Now it isn't happy in the standalone either.  Maybe it was only
> happy when I was in the Rev IDE before creating the standalone?
> Hey... maybe it needs a special library?
> I haven't successfully been able to use Rev to build a standalone,
> so if there is a library it needs, I'll need to manually add it.
> Any idears?

You are right, all "revXXXX" are Rev specific handlers/functions and
only available in Revolution.

> The exact error is:
>
> stdDev:  error in expression
> Image:  bad pixmap id
> proc token:  revDeleteFolder

...and that inlcudes "revdeletefolder" ;-)

> The handler is used to delete the desktop alias, which I needed to
> add to as it apparently broke on Macintel.  (My handler worked okey
> dokey on non-Macintel-OSX and Windows.)  I got the handler additive
> from the list archives:
>
> put specialFolderPath("desktop") into theFile
> put "/NameOfAlias" after theFile
>   if there is a folder theFile then
>     revDeleteFolder theFile
>   end if

Ehmmm, even if "revdeletefolder" was abailable in MC, this might fail,
simply because you are trying to delete a FILE and not a folder!

The good news: it will work the good ol' MC way ;-)
   if there is a folder theFile then
     delete theFile
   end if

> TIA